You can find on this page a map showing Dubaï boroughs / districts. Dubaï is divided in 13 boroughs & districts. Within each of its boroughs, the neighborhoods are making the charm and the reputation of the city of Dubaï.
With this map you can easily locate the most popular areas of Dubai that you want to visit. Getting your bearings in Dubai is not easy. Dubai can appear both very small and very large to the visitor.
The division of Dubaï in districts is not official but today, the districts are:
- Jebel Ali
- World Aid City
- Dubaï World Central
- The Palm Jumeirah
- The World
- Sheikh Zayed Road
- Business Bay
- DSO & International City
- Mushrif Park
- Dubaï City
- Palm Deira
Dubai is generally classified into 2 major parts: Old Dubai and New Dubai, or Modern Dubai. Below are the main districts of Dubai.
- Deira: Historic and oldest district of Dubai. You will find souks of all kinds.
- Bur Dubai: It is the old districts of Dubai which abounds in souks.
- Old Town / Dubai Downtown: This district is one of the newest in Dubai and home to the famous Burj Khalifa.
- Dubai Creek Harbour : Dubai Creek Harbour is the very last district of Dubai which will eventually host the future highest tower in the world.
- Sheikh Zayed Road / Trade Center: districts which gather many hotels and restaurants.
- Business Bay: Business Bay is a business and residential district.
- Dubai Canal : Dubai Canal is the very last district of Dubai to have seen the light of day.
- Jumeirah / Umm Suqueim : These two parallel residential districts run along the coast of Dubai.
- Dubai Marina: One of the most modern districts of Dubai built around a marina where luxury yachts, sailboats and other boats moor.
- Jumeirah Beach Residence: One of the most popular areas of the city, not only for tourists but also for residents.
- Al Barsha: This area close to Media and Internet City offers many hotels with good value for money as well as many apartment hotels.
- Barsha Heights (Tecom): Barsha Heights, formerly TECOM, is a business and residential area.
- Palm Jumeirah: Artificial island built on the sea and symbolic image of Dubai.
- Global Village: Theme amusement park located along the Emirates Road.
- Jumeirah Lake Towers: Commonly called JLT. Residential and business district only.
- Mirdiff: Residential area located around Dubai Airport.
- Festival City: Residential and business district located on the outskirts of Dubai with also luxury hotels.
- Jebel Ali : Free zone located at the exit of Dubai in the direction of Abu Dhabi.